Saturday, March 19

Stuff #4


At some point the books will take over these posts and I'll never buy clothes again - the above for example are the most recent books I bought, specifically these are the books I purchased over the course of two days, it definitely does not include all of the other books I bought in that week. The clothes that are featured in this post are clothes that I bought in one day, however, was the first time in a really long time that I've bought clothes and it made me really happy.

1. Pleated Skirt, Sue Ryder

I've sort of given up vintage for the moment, or at least vintage shopping. As I mentioned a little in my post on Lou Lou's Vintage Fair, I'm really sick of the 1930-1950's and tea rooms, I get it, they have their place, some people don't mind, but I wish someone would do something else!

That being said I got this skirt from the Nottingham Sue Ryder Charity Shop for £6, and I was slightly appeased. 

2. Books! 

I'm not sure if I would've picked up these three books in normal circumstances (whatever normal circumstances are); Carol in particular is not something I'd normally choose, it sounds a little 'boring' maybe, but I am a victim of Oscar buzz and I was curious - if it was good enough to make into a Cate Blanchett film, it's good enough for me.

I had a conversation earlier in the week about Bernard Schlink's other book, The Reader (which is on my to-read list) I've never seen any of his other books before, but Flights of Love was on one of those supermarket charity book sale shelves for 50p and I thought, why not?

The only other Ali Smith book I've read is The Accidental, and my goodness did I dislike that book, I disliked it enough to decide that I probably didn't need to read another book of hers again. But after a conversation with a friend who is currently reading How To Be Both and discovering it just being put out for £1 in Sue Ryder I decided it must be fate, whether I actually enjoy it remains to be seen.


3. Stripy Top, New Look

I know, I know I have a lot of stripy tops, but is it just me or do they never wash very well? I'm at a point where I'm having to repurpose all of my old stripy tops, as someone who still owns (and wears) clothes from when I was 16, so the idea of an item of clothing barely lasting year is kind of ridiculous. Not that I'm expecting this to last that long, but I've all of sudden got a lot less stripy things than I previously had, so I feel like I have to justify this purchase. So there!


4. Apron, Sue Ryder

There is no denying it, that's not really an apron it's a dinner lady's tabard, but I love it (and it cost £3). Even if I don't wear it for dinner serving purposes, that fabric is gorgeous, or maybe I can start a tabard wearing trend.


5. Canvas Tote, Oxfam

I'm loving the 5p bag charge! I feel like shops are making more of an effort with their bags for life since the charge came in, and it's really fuelling my tote bag addiction. I'm at a point now where I feel like I should start making them myself, whether that actually happens well, I'll keep you updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I try to reply to all comments left and pay a visit to any personal blogs that you link (it may take a while but I try), but if you have a direct question feel free to email me.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...